English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing need to view web pages on mobile items, web pages needs to be adaptable to a whole lot of varied show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get most likely probably the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate very important processes, and make your life easier normal. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Research up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping site bloat for greater shopper experience whatever the shopper’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you examine to specific tutorials, paying homage to developing a photograph gallery, map net web page, and merchandise net web page.
* Research when to rely on themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Research quite a few navigation methods, paying homage to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use commonplace responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make footage reply to completely totally different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Receive dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and check out your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.